For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Eph. 2: 8-10 (NEV)
St. Paul has a long history of serving our community and the world. We invite you to join us as we carry out our mission.
- FEED MY SHEEP - Open on the third Saturday each month, a growing number of families are provided canned goods and staples. Help bagging food and carrying out the distribution is always appreciated. Food gifts of canned fruits and vegetables, peanut butter, jelly, pasta and sauce may be brought to the church at any time.
- CLOTHING - Sweat shirts, coats, and blankets are gathered for distribution at the food pantry. Items in clean, gently used condition may be placed on the coat rack in the fellowship hall.
- HAMLET SOUP KITCHEN - Members of the congregation prepare and serve warm meals at the kitchen on a rotating basis with other area churches.
- MEN'S SHELTER - St. Paul members prepare and serve meals at the homeless shelter located at the Baker House in Rockingham on a rotating bases with area churches.
- ELCA WORLD HUNGER - The ELCA recognizes that global disease epidemics are related to hunger and proverty. Members contributions to this initiative ensure that the issues of hunger, poverty, and disease are addressed through comprehensive health services throughout the world.
- SERVING OUR CONGREGATION - Caring for one another, ministering to our community, and tending to the needs of our physical plant are long traditions within our congregation. The members of St. Paul are active stewards in the life of the church. There are an abundance of opportunities for service within the congregation. Whether singing in the choir, planting flowers, or serving on the Congregational Council or a committee, our members are committed to the ongoing life of the congregation where we feed the hungry, grow the church, increase our fellowship, and prayerfully carry out Christ's mission in the world.
ST. PAUL LUTHERAN CHURCH
SERVING CHRIST IN OUR
COMMUNITY AND THE WORLD
Copyright © 2011 St. Paul Lutheran Church. All Rights Reserved.
This page was last updated: March 9, 2014